See Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve for overall information.
Hours of Operation
Daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Bicycling allowed on named or numbered roads.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Horseback riding allowed only on designated named or numbered roads.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse's current negative Coggins test.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- The eastern end of the trail leads to the Van Fleet State Trail.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for license requirements and permits.
- FWC rules and regulations must be observed throughout year.
Access and Parking
- Vehicle access from SR 471 through Richloam.
- Roads, fire lines and gates cannot be blocked. Exercise caution.
- Vehicles allowed on designated named or numbered roads as authorized by Florida Forest
- Wooded roads may be in poor condition. Exercise caution when driving.
Restrooms and Water
- No restrooms or water available on site.
- Southwestern Lake County.
For more Information
- Florida Forest Service, (352) 797-4140.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will be conducting managed hunts on the following dates:
- November 28, 2022-January 15, 2023
- January 16-March 5, 2023
- March 11-12, 2023
- March 18-26, 2023
- March 27-April 23, 2023
- April 28-30, 2023
- May 26-28, 2023
- June 23-25, 2023