Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
Always refer to your "city or county" regulations first.
Effective Date and Areas
- The District’s year-round water conservation measures are in effect except where stricter measures have been imposed by local governments.
- The year-round water conservation measures shown below currently apply to all of Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Manatee, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter, Lake and Levy counties; the City of Dunnellon and The Villages in Marion County; and the cities of Temple Terrace, Plant City and North Port.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Hillsborough County and the cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa have local ordinances with special twice-per-week schedules.
- Some local governments such as unincorporated Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, southern Hillsborough and Sarasota counties, and the cities of Dunedin, Longboat Key, Sarasota and Venice, have local ordinances that remain on one-day-per-week schedules.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a "30-30" establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water is only subject to voluntary watering hours, unless restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.
Report Watering Violation
Use this service to report a water use violation, or you may call us at 1-800-848-0499 (FL only) and leave a detailed message.
If you have additional water restrictions questions, contact us by sending an email to Water.Restrictions@WaterMatters.org or by calling the water restrictions hotline at 1-800-848-0499 (FL only) or 1-800-836-0797 (FL only), ext. 2298 (during business hours).
Demand Management Program
7601 U.S. Hwy. 301 North
Tampa, FL 33637
A Petition for Variance from year-round water conservation measures or water shortage restrictions is available for qualified circumstances. To confirm that a variance is needed or for assistance when filling out an application form, check with our staff during normal business hours at 1-800-848-0499 (FL only) or email Water.Variances@WaterMatters.org.