Alligators, turtles, water snakes, frogs, fish, hawks and wading birds are commonly seen on this property. Located on the Hillsborough River, the park is best known for its river fishing.
13330 Morris Bridge Road
Thonotosassa, FL 33592
Hours of Operation
Open daily from sunrise to sunset. Park is subject to closure during high water.
- Off-road cyclists enjoy the Wilderness Park Off Road Trails System
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- (Bird Watching) Site located on western section of Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for more information.
- Boating fee.
- Boat ramp, canoe launch, boat dock and trailer parking on north side of park.
- This section of the Hillsborough River Canoe Trail immerses one in a native habitat rich with wildlife and large bald cypress trees.
- Fishing docks on each side of park, including two covered shelters.
- Boardwalk under Morris Bridge Road along Hillsborough River connects two sides of park and provides access for fishing.
- Fishing available from boardwalk on north side of park.
- Primitive fishing trail runs south of park along river.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- On south side, a 0.75-mile shell trail along an old tram road. Rest shelter provided at halfway point on trail.
- On north side, a 0.25-mile boardwalk circumnavigates an island in Hillsborough River. Beware of slippery boards.
- Primitive trail heading south along river winds through a forest to gazebo.
- Trail runners and hikers enjoy the Wilderness Park Off Road Trails System.
- Picnic tables and pavilion on south side of park.
- Shelter reservation fee.
Access and Parking
- 3.5 miles northeast of I-75 on Morris Bridge Road (CR 579). From I-75, exit at Fletcher Avenue. Morris Bridge Road bisects the park. Parking available on both sides of the road.
- Admission fee.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
- Restroom, water fountain and bike wash on north side of park.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are required by law to pick up after dogs.
For more Information
- Morris Bridge Park, (813) 987-6209
- Hillsborough River Canoe Trail maps available from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Office of Greenways and Trails, FloridaGreenwaysandTrails.com
- Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department, HillsboroughCounty.org/Conservation.