Acquired jointly between the District and Hillsborough County, this property is managed by the Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department. The natural communities on the property include freshwater marshes, riverine floodplains, pine flatwoods, sand pine scrub and oak hammocks. The property supports a variety of wildlife species due to the diversity and quality of the natural communities.
3398 CR 579
Wimauma, FL 33598
- All water bodies open for fishing, unless posted closed.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- Approximately 11 miles of trails available.
- Little Manatee River has a striking beauty, which makes it exceptionally popular for paddling when water conditions are right.
- Primary access and parking located on CR 579, south of the river on the left side of the road.
- Additional access and parking on the south side of the river between CR 579 and Leonard Lee Road.
- No restrooms or water available.
- Southern Hillsborough County, south of Wimauma, southeast of Ruskin.
- Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department, HillsboroughCounty.org/Conservation.