Situated at the confluence of Dead River and the Hillsborough River, this park is a pleasant place to unwind. Nature lovers appreciate a scenic two-mile trail alongside the Hillsborough River.
15098 Dead River Road
Thonotosassa, FL 33592
- 2-mile unpaved, elevated single-lane road.
- Bicycles allowed on river trail.
- Always yield to foot travelers.
- Do not skid.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- (Bird Watching) Site located on western section of Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for more information.
- Available on Hillsborough River.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- 2-mile entrance road.
- 2-mile natural surface river trail.
- Picnic tables located a short walk from parking area.
- About nine miles northeast of I-75. From I-75, exit at Fowler Avenue, travel east for 1.5 miles. Turn left onto US 301, heading north. Drive about 8 miles and look for Dead River Road on left. Follow this road 0.75 miles to a gate.
Restroom and water fountain located by picnic area.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are required by law to pick up after dogs.
- Hillsborough County's Dead River Wilderness Park, (813) 987-6210
- Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department, HillsboroughCounty.org/Conservation.
- Hillsborough River Canoe Trail maps available from Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Office of Greenways & Trails, FloridaGreenwaysandTrails.com