Aripeka Sandhills Preserve was acquired as part of the Weekiwachee Preserve on November 8, 2007. This was a joint acquisition with the District and Pasco County. Funding was provided by Penny for Pasco.
The preserve is part of a regional system of conservation lands that extends up to Crystal River Buffer Preserve, preserving the southernmost coastal hardwood hammock in western Florida. As part of this large preserve, Aripeka Sandhills preserves important habitat communities such as dense hardwood swamps and pine-covered sandhills.
18000 Aripeka Road
Hudson, FL 34667
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- Approximately 2 miles of trails.
- Parking area on Aripeka Road, west of US Highway 19, one-half mile on north side of the road.
- No restroom or water available.
- Northwest Pasco County, west of US Highway 19, one-half mile on north side of the road
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470