Aripeka Sandhills Preserve was acquired as part of the Weekiwachee Preserve on November 8, 2007. This was a joint acquisition with the District and Pasco County. Funding was provided by Penny for Pasco.
The preserve is part of a regional system of conservation lands that extends up to Crystal River Buffer Preserve, preserving the southernmost coastal hardwood hammock in western Florida. As part of this large preserve, Aripeka Sandhills preserves important habitat communities such as dense hardwood swamps and pine-covered sandhills.
18000 Aripeka Road
Hudson, FL 34667
Hours of Operation
District lands shall be open to the public from 30 minutes prior to sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset only, unless otherwise authorized by the District per Chapter 40D-9 Florida Administrative Code.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- Approximately 2 miles of trails.
Access and Parking
- Parking area on Aripeka Road, west of US Highway 19, one-half mile on north side of the road.
Restrooms and Water
- No restroom or water available.
- Northwest Pasco County, west of US Highway 19, one-half mile on north side of the road
For more Information
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470