See Starkey Wilderness Preserve for overall information.
14900 SR 52
Land O' Lakes, FL 34638
Hours of Operation
Daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Approximately 20 miles of multiuse trails.
- Bicyclists are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Equestrian and primitive campsites.
- Sites have picnic tables, fire rings and/or grills.
- A free reservation is required and must be displayed or available on dashboard at campground.
- Approximately 18 miles of multiuse trails.
- Riders are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse's current negative Coggins test.
- Horse-drawn buggy riding requires a free day-use reservation for buggy access behind locked gate.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Fishing opportunities in various lakes.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for license requirements.
- Approximately 21 miles of multiuse trails.
- Prepare for wet hiking; some trails are excessively wet during certain times of year.
Access and Parking
- Entrance in central Pasco County off SR 52 just west of Suncoast Parkway across from Hayes Road. Entrance on south side of road.
Restrooms and Water
- ADA accessible portable toilet and nonpotable water near the equestrian and primitive campgrounds.
- Western Pasco County, east of New Port Richey
For more Information
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470