The Withlapopka Community Park is approximately 50 acres located within the Flying Eagle Preserve. The preserve is a mosaic of small lakes, marshes and swamps with numerous scattered islands of forested uplands. The park site was used by Citrus County as a disposal site for spoil dredged from the county’s canals.
The park is a result of a group of individuals approaching the District with a unique opportunity to work hand-in-hand to better the community. This group has spent countless hours constructing the park amenities.
10390 E. Gobbler Drive
Inverness, FL 34450
Hours of Operation
District lands shall be open to the public from 30 minutes prior to sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset only, unless otherwise authorized by the District per Chapter 40D-9 Florida Administrative Code.
- Small, unpaved loop trail.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Approximately 1.5-mile loop trail available with rest station benches.
- Follow marked trails.
- Small picnic pavilion, picnic tables and grills.
Access and Parking
- From US 41 in Inverness, head east on Gobbler Drive, travel 3 miles to parking area on left.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
- Portable toilet available; no water available.
- Eastern Citrus County, east of Floral City
For more Information
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470