The Withlapopka Community Park is approximately 50 acres located within the Flying Eagle Preserve. The preserve is a mosaic of small lakes, marshes and swamps with numerous scattered islands of forested uplands. The park site was used by Citrus County as a disposal site for spoil dredged from the county’s canals.
The park is a result of a group of individuals approaching the District with a unique opportunity to work hand-in-hand to better the community. This group has spent countless hours constructing the park amenities.
10390 E. Gobbler Drive
Inverness, FL 34450
- Small, unpaved loop trail.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Approximately 1.5-mile loop trail available with rest station benches.
- Follow marked trails.
- Small picnic pavilion, picnic tables and grills.
- From US 41 in Inverness, head east on Gobbler Drive, travel 3 miles to parking area on left.
- ADA access and facilities available.
- Portable toilet available; no water available.
- Eastern Citrus County, east of Floral City
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470