Attention: A portion of this property will be closed for construction of the Ridge Road Extension. Pasco County signs will notate closure within the property. The District will update the property map once construction is complete.
See Starkey Wilderness Preserve for overall information.
10500 Wilderness Park Boulevard
New Port Richey, FL 34655
- Park connects to 42-mile paved Suncoast Trail via the 7.5-mile paved trail.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Riders must stay on marked trails.
- (Bird Watching) Site located on western section of Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail, developed by local
chapter of Audubon Society. Nearly 150 species of birds have been identified in park.
- Contact the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for more information.
- Separate primitive camping areas available for individual camping.
- Backcountry camping available.
- Campsites for cars and primitive cabins available.
- Groups can reserve tent site or cabins up to 90 days in advance.
- Reservation and fee are required and can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- 7.5 miles of marked equestrian trails.
- Corral and watering trough located in equestrian parking/staging area.
- Equestrian camping allowed at some campsites. Supplies and provisions must be packed in.
- Riders are required to stay on marked trails.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse’s current negative Coggins test.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Limited freshwater fishing available along Anclote and Pithlachascotee rivers.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- 12.6 miles of marked trails.
- 3 primitive campsites off trails with picnic tables, grills and fire rings.
- 7.5-mile paved trail.
- 5 picnic shelters with grills. Each shelter seats up to 50 people. Rental fee.
- 2 large fee-rental pavilions seat up to 100 each and have large grill, running water and
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- From SR 54, go north on Little Road (CR 1) 2.2 miles, right on River Crossing Boulevard for 1.3 miles, left on Starkey Boulevard for 0.3 miles, then right on Wilderness Road into park. From SR 52, go south on Moon Lake Road (CR 587) 6.8 miles, left on DeCubellis Road 0.3 miles, left on Starkey Boulevard, then left on Wilderness Road into park.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Four restrooms and water fountains; ADA accessible.
- Allowed only in day-use area.
- Dogs must be on leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are requested to pick up after dogs.
Western Pasco County, east of New Port Richey
- Tent, cabin, shelter and pavilion reservations: Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, (727) 834-3247
(does not accept credit cards for payment)
- Shelter and pavilion reservations, (727) 934-4198
- Pasco County Parks & Recreation Department, (813) 929-2760