- See Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve for overall information.
28057 SR 471
Webster, FL 33597
- Approximately 60 miles of multiuse trails.
- Bicyclists are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Camping not permitted during hunts.
- A free reservation is required and must be displayed or available at campground.
- Backcountry sites include Trial Ford, Tillman Lake and Mott Hammock; sites have picnic tables, fire rings and/or grills.
- Fishing and frogging allowed throughout year.
- Vehicle access from Rock Ridge Road for fishing is only permitted on weekends in May and June.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for license requirements.
- Approximately 60 miles of multiuse trials.
- Approximately 31 miles of Florida National Scenic Trail run through Green Swamp East and West tracts. This trail continues through Green Swamp West Tract and up to the Richloam Tract of the Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Approximately 15-mile overnight loop and 8-mile day loop.
- Prepare for wet hiking; some trails are excessively wet during certain times of year.
- Contact FWC for information regarding license requirements and permits.
- FWC rules and regulations must be observed throughout the year.
- Main vehicle access on south side of Green Swamp on Rock Ridge Road, approximately 10 miles northeast of US 98 and 6 miles west of SR 33. Small day-use parking area at Rock Ridge gate.
- Parking also at Main Grade and SR 471.
- Several additional walk-thru gates throughout property.
- No restrooms or water available.
Southwestern Lake, northern Polk and southeastern Sumter counties
Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will be conducting managed hunts on the following dates:
- October 3 - 6, 2019
- October 10 - 13, 2019
- November 1 - 3, 2019
- November 8 - 10, 2019
- November 15 - 17, 2019
- November 22 - 24, 2019
- November 28 - December 1, 2019
- December 7, 2019 - February 2, 2020
- February 8 - 9, 2020
- February 15 - 16, 2020
- February 22 - 23, 2020
- February 29 - March 1, 2020
- March 21 - April 26, 2020