As part of the District's Little Manatee River project, this property protects the watershed of the river. The primary natural communities on the tract are pine flatwoods in the uplands and bottomland hardwood forests. Prior to District ownership, like many areas in central Florida, the site was converted into rangeland for raising cattle.
The high-quality scrub and scrubby flatwoods habitats have been restored for native species. The reintroduction of fire helps maintain the habitat.
29400 SR 62
Duette, FL 33834
- Approximately 6 miles of trails.
- Entrance approximately 12 miles east of Parrish off SR 62 on north side of road.
- No restrooms or water available.
- Northeastern Manatee County, east of Parrish.
- Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470.