Acquired in 2003 for preservation of natural systems, groundwater recharge, water quality and flood protection, the preserve offers a stunning landscape of steep sandhill ridges, expansive marshes, dense cypress sloughs and lush pine flatwoods. The preserve is a vital part of a wildlife habitat corridor envisioned by Pasco County and the District that will eventually connect the Starkey Wilderness Preserve to the Cypress Creek Preserve, making a continuous corridor of several thousands of acres in this region. The District manages the preserve's resources to protect and restore the natural and altered ecosystems when possible. This includes extensive restoration to areas that were converted to pasture when it was privately owned and managed as a ranch.
22500 SR 52
Land O' Lakes, FL 34637
- Approximately 15 miles of multiuse trails.
- Bicyclists are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Approximately 6 miles of multiuse trails from SR 52 access point.
- Day-use reservations required to access equestrian parking area.
- Riders are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse's current negative Coggins test.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Approximately 17 miles of multi use trails. Of these 17 miles, 2 miles located in the northwest section of the trail network are reserved to hikers only due to sensitive plant communities.
- Prepare for wet hiking; some trails are excessively wet during certain times of year.
Model Airplane Flying Field
- Bay City Flyers Model Airplane Club.
- 25-acre site open to members and spectators.
- Anyone who wishes to fly must be licensed by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA); please coordinate with the Bay City Flyers.
- Primary access is off SR 52 on south side of road about 3.5 miles east of US 41.
- No restrooms or water available at entrance.
- ADA accessible portable toilet and nonpotable water available at Bay City Flyers model airplane field.
Central Pasco County
Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470