The Annutteliga Hammock is an important area for groundwater recharge into Florida's primary drinking water source, the Floridan aquifer system. Situated in the Brooksville Ridge, which runs from northern Citrus County down into central Pasco County, the lands are slightly higher in elevation than the adjacent coastal or central portions of the state. The area within the Brooksville Ridge typically has well-drained soils, karst limerock outcroppings and is dominated by sandhills, upland hardwood forests and scrub communities. Property links with the Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area, which is a prime Florida black bear habitat area.
11019 Centralia Road
Weeki Wachee, FL 34614
- Approximately 8 miles of multiuse trails.
- Riders are required to stay on designated or marked trails.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse's current negative Coggins test.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Approximately 8 miles of multi-use trails.
- From US 19, north of Weeki Wachee, turn east on Centralia Road. Main parking area is on north side of Centralia Road.
- Walk-through on north side of Knuckey Road.
- Access and parking on south side of Knuckey Road.
No restrooms or water available.
Northwestern Hernando County, north of Weeki Wachee
Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470