The Water Incentives Supporting Efficiency (WISE) program provides a cost share up to 50 percent reimbursement to support water conservation projects.
Cost-share reimbursements of up to $20,000 are available for water conservation projects that improve water use efficiency and help protect the region’s water resources. Funds are available for projects throughout the District. Applications will be accepted year-round until all project year funds are awarded.
WISE was developed as an alternative funding opportunity for nonagricultural water users that do not typically take part in the District’s Cooperative Funding Initiative (CFI).
WISE Quick Facts
- Applicant must contribute at least 50 percent of the approved project cost
- Maximum reimbursement of $20,000 per project for approved project components
- Water savings will need to be calculated on a project-by-project basis
- Projects must be completed within one year of the awarded date
- Projects must take place within the District (see map)
- Funding will be awarded on a “first come, first serve” basis until depleted
- Project must receive District approval before expenditures begin
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Toilet, showerhead and plumbing fixture replacements
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ conversions
- Irrigation system modifications
- Weather stations for irrigation control
- Cooling tower modifications and pretreatment systems
- High efficiency commercial/industrial processing equipment