What does Florida Water StarSM mean for me?
- Saves an estimated $530 on annual utility bills
- Reduces water and energy use
- Creates peace of mind due to additional home inspections
- Increases resale through higher quality landscape designs and irrigation systems
What’s in the Florida Water Star criteria?
Florida Water Star criteria focus on three main areas: landscapes, irrigation and indoor.
Landscape criteria encourage landscapes that have a relatively low-water requirement. The criteria include:
- Preserving existing landscapes
- Following the “right plant, right place” principle
- Reducing the amount of landscaping that requires high-volume irrigation
- Planting trees that will, at maturity, significantly shade the landscape
Irrigation criteria are designed for optimum efficiency and correct scheduling. The criteria include:
- Limiting the total area that requires high-volume irrigation
- Using micro-irrigation in plant beds
- Installing irrigation components that can increase system efficiency
- Rewarding the use of alternative water supplies, such as rainwater harvesting
Indoor criteria improve water conservation through the use of highly efficient appliances and fixtures. The criteria include:
- Incorporating highly efficient bathroom fixtures, such as WaterSense-labeled toilets, showerheads and faucets
- Installing water-efficient appliances
- Encouraging the use of innovative water-efficient technologies
Contact us for more information.