Information on upcoming and recent public meetings on the District's Minimum Flows and Levels Program will be consolidated on this page.
MFLs Public Meetings
Southwest Florida Water Management District
Tampa Service Office (Governing Board Room)
- The Southwest Florida Water Management District has scheduled a public meeting to solicit stakeholder input on the annual update of the Priority List and Schedule for the Establishment of Minimum Flows and Levels.
- The Priority List and Schedule identifies water bodies for which the District plans to establish minimum flows and levels and also identifies planned water reservations.
- Minimum flows and levels are limits set by the District Governing Board for surface waters and groundwater systems that are intended to prevent significant harm to the water resources or ecology of the area that may be caused by water withdrawals.
- Reservations set aside water from withdrawals for the protection of fish and wildlife or public health and safety.
- Written comments on the draft Priority List and Schedule are welcome and may be submitted no later than October 1, 2018 to: Doug Leeper, MFLs Program Lead with the District’s Natural Systems and Restoration Bureau, via email (email@example.com) or by U.S. Mail (2379 Broad Street, Brooksville, Florida, 34604-6899). Doug can also be reached by phone at 1-800-423-1476, extension 4272.
- The current 2017-2018 Priority List and Schedule is posted on the District’s Minimum Flows and Levels (Environmental Flows) Documents and Reports web page at: https://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/MFLreports.
- The draft 2018-2019 Priority List and Schedule will be made available at the same web page on August 28 or 29, 2018.