Looking for a New Year’s Resolution you’ll keep in 2016? Resolve to conserve water in the new year with these easy ideas:
- Reduce daily showers by two minutes and save up to 240 gallons per month.
- Fix dripping faucets and save around 1,650 gallons per month.
- Replace showerheads with low-flow models and save about 480 gallons per month.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth and shaving, and save up to 225 gallons per month.
- Check the home’s irrigation system for leaks and potentially save up to 6,300 gallons of water per month.
- Run the clothes washer and dishwasher only when full and save up to 175 gallons per month.
- Use a hose with a shutoff nozzle when washing the car and save around 40 gallons per wash.
For more conservation tips, visit WaterMatters.org/Conservation.