(See Upper Hillsborough Preserve for overall information.)
- 12 miles of woods roads marked for multiuse.
- Use only marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Equestrian, group, primitive and backcountry camping available.
- No amenities available.
- A free reservation is required and must be displayed on dashboard at campground.
- 12 miles of woods roads marked for multiuse recreation.
- Riders are required to stay on marked trails.
- Horse-drawn buggy riding only on marked trails; requires a free reservation.
- Horseback riding allowed year-round on the Alston Tract.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse’s current negative Coggins test.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Fishing and frogging allowed throughout year.
- Access to Hillsborough River by foot only.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for license requirements.
- Property north of CR 54 and the Alston Tract are not included in the wildlife management area boundary and are open year-round.
- Florida Trail Association maintains 3.5 miles of hiking trails.
- Orange blaze symbols denote primary trail; blue denotes side trails; double blaze denotes sharp turn.
- For more information, contact the Florida Trail Association at 1-877-445-3352 (in FL) or (352) 378-8823.
- Additional 24 miles of interior roads available.
- No bridges at Hillsborough River crossings. May be seasonally wet or flooded.
- FWC rules and regulations must be observed throughout the year.
- Contact FWC for information regarding license requirements and permits.
Access and Parking
- Primary access point is on CR 54, about 3 miles east of Zephyrhills; equestrian access available.
- Additional access points are located off CR 35A and CR 535.
Restrooms and Water
No restrooms or water available.
East of Zephyrhills
Nearby Recreation Lands
- Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve
- Hillsborough County’s Blackwater Creek Preserve
For More Information
Land Resources Department, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470