- Allowed on canal bank and 0.75-mile paved trail at Veterans Memorial Park.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
Boating and Paddling
- North of SR 60 (fresh water): Boating access from Harney Canal Park off US 301. Motors up to 10 HP allowed. This portion is a no-wake zone.
- South of SR 60 (salt water): Powerboating allowed with no restrictions. Access from McKay Bay or private ramps.
- Bank fishing from public access points and parks along canal.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- Along grassy canal bank from designated access points.
Tampa Bypass/Harney Canal Park – 12 acres
7171 North US 301
- Facilities include boat ramp, parking, fishing pier, portable toilets and picnic tables.
- Boat ramp fees.
- Summer: 7 a.m.–8 p.m.
Winter: 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Fishing pier and portable toilets universally accessible.
- Operated by Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management
Department (HCCEL), HillsboroughCounty.org/Conservation
Temple Terrace Youth Sports Complex – 22 acres
10369 US 301
- Baseball and soccer complex open primarily for scheduled activities.
- Restrooms and water fountains universally accessible.
- Operated by Temple Terrace.
Veteran’s Memorial Park and Museum – 16 acres
3602 US 301
- Open daily and on weekends. Call for more information.
- Facilities include picnic shelters, tables, grills, restrooms and a 0.75-mile paved trail for walking, bicycling and inline skating.
- ADA access at park.
- Owners are required by law to pick up after dogs.
- Operated by HCCEL, HillsboroughCounty.org/Conservation
Access and Parking
- Various public access points as shown on map.
- Paved parking available at Veterans Memorial Park and Harney Canal Park.
- Parking at other access points are off the road or on grass. Do not block gates.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Limited Access Areas
- No swimming allowed and no trespassing within barriers or fenced areas around water-control structures.
- For your safety, observe all restricted areas.
Restrooms and Water
For More Information
Land Resources, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or
(352) 796-7211, ext. 4470