(See Starkey Wilderness Preserve for overall information.)
- 18 miles of multiuse trails available.
- Use only marked trails.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Equestrian, group and primitive campsites.
- Sites have picnic tables, fire rings and/or grills.
- A free reservation is required and must be displayed on dashboard at campground.
- 18-mile multiuse trail available.
- Riders are required to stay on marked trails.
- Each rider must carry proof of horse’s current negative Coggins test.
- Horse-drawn buggy riding only on marked trails; requires a free reservation.
- Florida law requires equestrians under 16 to wear helmets.
- Fishing opportunities in various lakes.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- 18 miles of multiuse trails.
- Prepare for wet hiking; some trails are excessively wet during certain times of year.
- Picnic tables available at campgrounds.
Access and Parking
- Entrance in central Pasco County off SR 52 just west of Suncoast Parkway across from Hayes Road. Entrance on south side of road.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
Vault toilet and nonpotable water near the equestrian, group and primitive campgrounds.
Western Pasco County, east of New Port Richey
Nearby Recreation Lands
For More Information
Land Resources Department, Southwest Florida Water Management District, 1-800-423-1476 (FL only) or (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470