Acquired jointly between the District and Hillsborough County, this property is managed by the Hillsborough County Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department. The natural communities on the property include freshwater marshes, riverine floodplains, pine flatwoods, sand pine scrub and oak hammocks. The property supports a variety of wildlife species due to the diversity and quality of the natural communities.
- All water bodies open for fishing, unless posted closed.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- Network of old trail roads available.
- Little Manatee River has a striking beauty, which makes it exceptionally popular for paddling when water conditions are right.
Access and Parking
- Primary access is walk-thru gates on CR 579, south of SR 674 and Saffold Road.
- Additional access provided through walk-thru gates on perimeter of property; parking on road shoulder.
Restrooms and Water
No restrooms or water available.
Southern Hillsborough County, south of Wimauma, southeast of Ruskin
Nearby Recreation Lands
For More Information
Hillsborough County Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department, (813) 672-7876