Alligators, turtles, water snakes, frogs, fish, hawks and wading birds are commonly seen on this property. Located on the Hillsborough River, the park is best known for its river fishing.
- Off-road cyclists enjoy the Wilderness Park Off Road Trails System
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
- Site located on western section of Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for more information.
Boating and Paddling
- Boating fee.
- Boat ramp, canoe launch, boat dock and trailer parking on north side of park.
- This section of the Hillsborough River Canoe Trail immerses one in a native habitat rich with wildlife and large bald cypress trees.
- Fishing docks on each side of park, including two covered shelters.
- Boardwalk under Morris Bridge Road along Hillsborough River connects two sides of park and provides access for fishing.
- Fishing available from boardwalk on north side of park.
- Primitive fishing trail runs south of park along river.
- Contact FWC for license requirements.
- On south side, a 0.75-mile shell trail along an old tram road. Rest shelter provided at halfway point on trail.
- On north side, a 0.25-mile boardwalk circumnavigates an island in Hillsborough River. Beware of slippery boards.
- Primitive trail heading south along river winds through a forest to gazebo.
- Trail runners and hikers enjoy the Wilderness Park Off Road Trails System
- Picnic tables and pavilion on south side of park.
- Shelter reservation fee.
Access and Parking
- 3.5 miles northeast of I-75 on Morris Bridge Road (CR 579). From I-75, exit at Fletcher Avenue. Morris Bridge Road bisects the park. Parking available on both sides of the road.
- Admission fee.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
Restroom, water fountain and bike wash on north side of park.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are required by law to pick up after dogs.
For More Information
- Morris Bridge Park, (813) 987-6209
- Hillsborough River Canoe Trail maps available from the Florida Department of Environmental
Protection, Office of Greenways and Trails, FloridaGreenwaysandTrails.com
- Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department,