In 1980, the District and the city of Clearwater entered into an agreement for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the Alligator Creek Water Management Project. The District provided land and operates the water-control structure; the city operates and maintains Cliff Stephens Park. The project provides stormwater management and flood protection for the surrounding Clearwater area.
Bicycling, Hiking and Inline Skating
- Clearwater East-West Trail is a paved, multiuse trail travels through park.
- Paved walkway in picnic area for pedestrians only.
- Florida law requires bicyclists under 16 to wear helmets.
Boating and Paddling
- Small boat launch located in southeast section of park. Electric motors and paddles only.
- Available along portions of Alligator Creek and from any of four docks.
- Contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for license requirements.
- Disc (Frisbee) golf course near picnic area.
- 19-station exercise course in southwestern section of park.
- Tables and grills available along paved walkway.
Access and Parking
- Access from US 19, turn east onto Drew Street and turn left on Fairwood Avenue. Park is located on both sides of Fairwood Avenue with main parking lot near the entrance sign.
- ADA access and facilities available.
Restrooms and Water
No restrooms or water available.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than six feet in length.
- Owners are requested to pick up after dog.
Central Pinellas County in Clearwater
Nearby Recreation Lands
For More Information
City of Clearwater Parks and Recreation Department, (727) 562-4800