Friendly visitors, like butterflies and beneficial insects, will enjoy your landscape if you provide food, water and cover. Attract wildlife by following these tips:
- Plant vines, shrubs and trees to create cover, nesting areas and food.
- Provide a water source such as a birdbath or a small pond.
- Provide wildlife shelters such as a bat house, birdhouse or brush pile.
- Protect the health of wildlife visitors. Limit pesticide use by spot-treating only the areas that need attention.
- Consider including native plants in your landscape. They are the natural food, shelter and nesting plants of our local wildlife.