- August 25 District to Hold Public Meeting on Priority List and Schedule for the Establishment of Minimum Flows and Levels
- August 18 Public Invited to Help Identify Flood Prone Areas in Portions of Sumter County
- August 16 District to Hold Workshop on Minimum and Guidance Levels for Lake Eva in Haines City
- District Schedules Prescribed Fires for Hillsborough County
June 19, 2012
The public is invited to an open house Thursday, June 28 for a plan to address the current and long-term water supply needs in the central Florida region.
A regional water supply plan is being developed by the Central Florida Water Initiative, a collaboration of agencies to address water issues in southern Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk and Seminole counties.
The Southwest Florida Water Management District is part of the initiative, which is focused on water resource planning, development and management for the central Florida region. Other participating agencies are: the St. Johns River and South Florida water management districts, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and regional water utilities.
The regional water supply plan will:
• Identify sustainable water supply options.
• Plan for water resources protection.
• Address impacts to related natural systems.
The public is invited to an information session to learn more about the Central Florida Water Initiative and how to become involved in the planning process. The information session will be an informal, open-house format with no formal presentation.
The meeting is from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Lakefront Marina Building, 1104 Lakeshore Boulevard, the second floor Banquet Hall, St. Cloud.
Visit CFWIwater.com for more information.