Also on this page
Search our on-site library catalog for documents, reports and scientific information.
Complete index of reports, appendices and reviews pertianing to Minimum Flows and Levels (Environmental Flows).
Surveys, focus group results and white papers on public perceptions of water issues in the District.
A report on the District’s approach to the Florida Forever program.
The Strategic Plan communicates the District’s forward perspective to address our fast-growing region’s water resource priorities. The Plan identifies the District’s mission, core values, strategic initiatives, regional priorities and core business processes.
A comprehensive guide to the District, describing our responsibilities for water supply, flood protection, water quality and natural systems.
Includes updated demand projections and descriptions of new supply development projects suitable for inclusion in the Regional Water Supply Plan.
Long-range regional mitigation planning has produced projects with sustainable ecological benefits. Current projects can be read about in the most recent FDOT Mitigation Plan.
The Information Resources Department (IRD) develops a Five-Year Information Technology (IT) Plan every year to show how technology supports the District’s strategic initiatives.
The District adopts plans to ensure its public conservation lands are used and managed in ways that are consistent with Florida Statutes and the District’s mission.
The District’s first RWSP was published in 2001 and is updated every five years.
These plans were developed with a diverse group of stakeholders to improve water quality in the Shell and Prairie Creek watersheds.
- Fourth Biannual Performance Monitoring Summary - September 2010–September 2012
- Third Biannual Performance Monitoring Summary - September 2008–September 2010
- Second Biannual Performance Monitoring Summary - August 2006–August 2008
- First Biannual Performance Monitoring Summary - October 2004–July 2006
- Management Plan
March 2006 Final Report. Outlines our strategy for ensuring water supplies are available to meet growing demands, while protecting and restoring the water and related natural resources of the area.
The SWIM program is responsible for many of our water quality, natural systems and flood management initiatives.
- Annual Report – 2013
- Rainbow River Fact Sheet - 2009
- Rainbow River Project Timeline - 2009
- Charlotte Harbor – SWIM Plan - 2000
- Crystal River/Kings Bay – SWIM Plan - 2000
- Crystal River/Kings Bay – Fact Sheet - November 2004
- Crystal River/Kings Bay – Time Line - November 2004
- Lake Panasoffkee – SWIM Plan - 2000
- Lake Tarpon – SWIM Plan - 2001
- Lake Thonotosassa – SWIM Plan - 2003
- Rainbow River – SWIM Plan - 2004
- Rainbow River – Technical Summary - 2008
- Sarasota Bay – SWIM Plan - 2002
- Tampa Bay – SWIM Plan - 1999
- Winter Haven Chain of Lakes – SWIM Plan - 1998
- 8th Biennial Stormwater Research and Watershed Management Conference
- 7th Biennial Stormwater Research and Watershed Management Conference
- 6th Biennial Stormwater Research and Watershed Management Conference
- Broadway Outfall Stormwater Retrofit Project, 2004
- Characterization of Three Stormwater Ponds, 2004
- Three Design Alternatives for Stormwater Detention Ponds, 1997
- Enhanced Parking Lot Design for Stormwater Treatment
- Florida Aquarium Parking Lot, a Treatment Train Approach for Stormwater Management, 2001 (17.4MB)
- Outfall Water Quality from Wet Detention Systems, 1997
- Removal of Microbial Indicators from Stormwater Using Sand Filtration, Wet Detention, and Alum Treatment Best Management Practices, 1998
- Stormwater Research – Summary of research projects, 1990-2005
- Stormwater Runoff Treatment by a Filtration System and Wet Pond, 2005
- Treatment of Stormwater Run from an Agricultural Basin by a Wet-Detention Pond, 2002 (17.4MB)
- Water Quality Survey of Twenty-Four Stormwater Wet-Detention Ponds, 1993
- Annual Alternative Water Supply Report FY2005
- Annual Agency Reuse Report, 2004
- Annual Reuse Report, 2002
- Arsenic Mobilization in Two Suwannee Limestone Aquifer Storage Recovery Systems
- Consolidated Annual Report, 2014 (Print or CD-ROM: Planning)
- Economic Feasibility of Reclaimed Water Use
- Estimated Water and Wastewater Charges in the District
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2013
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2012
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2011
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2010
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2009
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2008
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2007
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2006
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2005
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2003-2004 (14.8MB)
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2002
- Estimated Water Use Report, 2001
- Estimated Water Use Report Addendum, 2001
- Estimated Water Use Report Summary, 1998-2002
- Evaluation of Florida Single Family Residential Water Rates
- Evaluation of Arsenic Mobilization Processes Occurring During Aquifer Storage and Recovery Activities
- Hydrology and Water Quality of Select Springs (16.2MB)
- Lake Panasoffkee Restoration Council Report to the Legislature, 2008
- Lake Panasoffkee Restoration Council Report to the Legislature, 2005
- Lake Panasoffkee Restoration Council Report to the Legislature, 2004
- Lake Panasoffkee Restoration Council Report to the Legislature, 2003
- Lake Panasoffkee Restoration Council Report to the Legislature, 1998
- Long-term variation in Rainfall and its effect on Peace River Flow in West-Central Florida
- Major Water Supply Production Report 2000-2010
- Peace River Cumulative Impact Study Final Report 2007
- Predicted Change in Hydrologic Conditions along the Upper Peace River due to a Reduction in Ground-Water Withdrawals
- Reclaimed Water Benefit Cost Calculator for Industrial Applications
- Reclaimed Water Benefit Cost Calculator for Irrigation
- Report to the Legislative Sunset Advisory Committee
- Southern Water Use Caution Area Information Report, 1998