During cooler months in fall and winter, your lawn doesn’t need watering every week. It’s the best time to train your yard to need less water! So only water your lawn every other week and only if it needs it.
Too much irrigation…
- Makes your lawn less able to survive droughts
- Encourages pests and disease
- Wastes water
How much is enough?
- Grass doesn’t need as much water in the cooler months
- Apply 1/2" to 3/4" of water
- Water only every 10-14 days in the winter
Your lawn needs watering when:
- Grass blades are folded in half
- Grass blades are blue-gray
- Your footprint remains on the lawn