18 Ways to Save Water in 2018
January 2, 2018
Pledge to conserve water in 2018. Here are 18 simple ways to save water:
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Take shorter showers, 5 minutes or less.
- Flush less. The toilet isn’t a trashcan.
- Only operate the dishwasher with a full load.
- Thaw frozen food in the fridge, not under running water.
- Purchase water-efficient appliances for your home.
- Only wash laundry with a full load.
- Pretreat stains on clothes to avoid rewashing.
- Replace leaky drain plugs in sinks or bathtubs.
- Use a rain barrel to collect rain water to use for watering plants in the yard.
- Plant drought tolerant plants that require less watering.
- Use a broom, not a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Only water lawns on assigned days and skip a week when watering isn’t needed like in cooler months.
- Use a rain sensor to regulate your irrigation system.
- Use a shut off nozzle on your garden hose.
- Set your mower to cut at the highest recommended height for your type of grass.
- Fix leaks in faucets, showerheads and toilets.
- Visit WaterMatters.org/Conservation to learn more ways to conserve water.